To be totally honest I was very, very,
very disappointed with this release because
- The lyrics in most of the songs made no sense and did not suit the character.
- The lyrics were just dubbed on and there were hardly any variations in most of the songs.
- They did not feature some of my favourite songs like the Midnight Carnival and Awe of She.
When I first heard the samples of three
songs I was very excited because the songs sounded like they suited the characters personality and I hoped that the lyrics
would continue making sense, but I was wrong. The three songs that I heard briefly were Shade Celebration, Keep Yourself Alive
and Feel a Fear.
I thought that Shade Celebration and Feel
a Fear sounded excellent but when I heard the actual songs fully I couldn’t believe how sh*t it sounded. I’m the
kind of person who doesn’t swear unless it’s necessary and trust me its necessary. Most of the songs were stating
the flipping obvious and others made no sense whatsoever. If you compare Lapis Lazuli’s songs against Jay Gordon and
crew there would be an unhealthy reaction that would disrupt the balance of Guilty Gear music, forever.
Ok, Ok, maybe I have over exaggerated how
bad the Album is but I must say that over half of the songs were excellent. My favourite song with good lyrics is Existence
because the singers had a good homophonic tone in the chorus. A majority of the songs were good but the actual album was disappointing
because of a few tracks that had potential to be excellent but were totally destroyed by the singers.
Therefore to sum it all up the reasons
why I liked the Album are
- The American rock singers can actually sing
- They did not rap
- They thought about the separate sections well and how to fit each part together
My verdict is 6.5/10